Lecture Theatre Equipment
Each theatre will be equipped, as standard, with a PA system, a lapel microphone, a digital projector, a lectern with a stereo sound line on a 3.5mm jack plug, VGA or HDMI cable for your laptop. There will also be mains power available at the lectern. There should be a microphone and laser pointer on the lectern as well.
- Any other equipment is considered 'non-standard' and you should contact the technical manager in advance of the conference to discuss your specific requirements.
- Laptops and other computer equipment are not supplied as standard. If you need one you must contact the technical manager in advance of the conference.
If you are using the computer/video projection equipment, ask the technical staff (fluorescent orange badges) to explain its operation to you in advance. If you want to check computer compatibility, this also needs to be done in advance when the room is not in use.
- Make sure you spend some time familiarising yourself with the equipment. The technical team will be only too pleased to help you, but you will need more than five minutes to do any troubleshooting!
- If you intend to use any computer that is not PC-compatible then you should contact the technical manager in advance of the conference to ensure the necessary adaptors are available.
- The projector screens are 4:3 aspect ratio. To make best use of the screen it is advised that your presentation is configured to run in a 4:3 aspect ratio (the default for most presentation software such as PowerPoint). If you are unsure about any of this please contact the technical manager well in advance of the conference.
We no longer have a slide projector, DVD player, over-head projector (OHP) or VHS cassette player.