Lecture, Film & Workshop Sessions
Lecture Theatre Equipment
Each theatre will be equipped, as standard, with a PA system, a lapel microphone, a digital projector, an overhead projector (OHP), a DVD player, a lectern with a stereo sound line on a 3.5mm jack plug, and a 15-pin male VGA cable for your laptop. There will also be mains power available at the lectern. There will be two projection screens (for the digital projector and the OHP) and a laser pointer. There should be a microphone on the lectern as well.
- Any other equipment is considered 'non-standard' and you should contact the Technical Manager in advance of the conference to discuss your specific requirements.
- Laptops and other computer equipment are not supplied as standard. If you need one you must contact the Technical Manager in advance of the conference.
- A slide projector is not supplied as standard, but is available by special request.
- A video cassette player is not supplied as standard, but is available by special request.
If you are using the computer/video projection equipment, ask the technical staff (fluorescent orange badges) to explain its operation to you in advance. If you want to check computer compatibility, this also needs to be done in advance when the room is not in use. Please note...
- Make sure you spend some time familiarising yourself with the equipment. The technical team will be only too pleased to help you, but you will need more than five minutes to do any troubleshooting!
- If you intend to use any computer that is not PC-compatible then you should contact the Technical Manager in advance of the conference to ensure the necessary adaptors are available.
- Computer video projectors can be unreliable machines. To allow you to continue with your talk in the event of equipment failure or incompatibility, please make a copy of your presentation that is suitable for overhead projection (OHP). If you are using Microsoft Powerpoint, you may wish to consider burning a 'universal' CD using the 'Package for CD' option.
Almost nobody is using slides nowadays. If you do wish to use slides it is not a problem but you must give the technical staff plenty of notice as a slide projector is not normally set up unless it is required. Please note...
- If you wish to preview your slides to check they are orientated correctly or to load them into a carousel, then contact the technical team.
- You will need to hand the slide carousel to the technical team in the break preceding your talk.
- Slide projector and OHP operation should be straightforward. The remote controls can be direction sensitive and should be pointed towards the projector to work most reliably
Video Cassette Players
Almost nobody is using video tape nowadays. If you do wish to play a cassette it is not a problem but you must give the technical staff plenty of notice as a video player is not normally set up unless it is required.